Thursday, June 9, 2011

Cedar Key with the Pfallers

The P is silent...

We met Joe and Rebecca down in Cedar Key, FL for our 3rd (and final) trip in a row.  The weather was fantastic - hot and humid (YESSSS!) and the location was idyllic.  With Joe and Rebecca, I quickly learned that they are the adventurous types - going out and looking for nature!  I didn't really realize how much of a wuss I am when it comes to 'nature', but I really don't like looking for it, much less touching it, or getting up close and personal.  When Joe almost stopped the car to pick up a snake, I thought he was joking around.  Then he said 'oh, it's just a black racer.  If it was a diamond back, we would've stopped'... And done what with it exactly? 

Needless to say, the soon-to-be Mr and Mrs Pfaller (or FrickenPfaller as they've coined themselves) are doing amazing work for our earth and it's creatures.  Joe is a turtle lover and has named one of his 'girls' after our very own Leah Mae.  Apparently this turtle visits his beach every year and he's been lucky enough to witness her eggs hatch for the past few years now.

Leah Mae, the turtle

And our Leah Mae on the deck at the beach house


And sweet Bubba in the background.


This may be the only time you see this... (yes, that's a Florida Gator's football t-shirt)  Very open minded of me, don't you think?  Thanks, Joe.


We visited Manatee Springs and Leah wasn't so sure about this one...I think the water might have been a little too cold.  And yes, 72 degree water is a little too cold for Mom too.


She loved the warm ocean water when we visited Snake Island, Seahorse Island, and North Island all in the same boat trip! 


And this is exactly what I needed too.


All in all, a great month of vacations...now I just need a vacation to recover from my vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment