I now completely understand the definition of Nesting. This whole concept was somewhat foreign to me - mostly because I thought I had been nesting ever since I moved out of my parents house and into the dorms at Auburn...boy, was I wrong. What has occured over the past couple weeks is nothing compared to what I thought 'nesting' was. I have found the smallest things that make me the most crazy and have had to fix/update/clean/change them. My wonderfully patient husband has been nothing but supportive (as he's learned over the past few months) mostly because he's realized he's not going to change my mind and I'm a much happier person when I'm done. To quote Art: happy wife, happy life.
I'll spare you the dry-erase board list of projects. Dry-Erase was the perfect medium because the projects were turning over so quickly, there were just too many pieces of paper to keep track of all of it. However, the latest on my 'list' was updating our ivory/painted/50 year old switches, receptacles, and face plates on the main floor. After the basement remodel, all the switches and outlets looked so nice and added a great finishing touch to the place, I decided it was time to take this to the main floor.
What a difference! Thanks to friends that gave us some great tips and tools, I had the confidence to flip the breakers and carefully test each one before touching. I have touched a live one before (by accident, I promise) and definately won't do it again!!! It was so much easier than I anticipated - even with the 50 year old wiring - and am so proud of myself for tackling this one like a pro!
We're getting down to the wire and (thankfully) my list is dwindling. Only a few items left that I will hopefully be able to get to today. So...off I go to dust the dining room chandellier and take down the wreath on the front door...perhaps I'll have some time to replace those painted-over registers (if of course, we can pry them out of the wall)...
4 days til due date!


Looks good! My bet is on Feb 22. Sorry - I wish I could say sooner :)
ReplyDelete